Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Label the Room! {Bilingual Edition}

One thing I am trying out in my room, that may be different than other 3rd grade rooms, is putting up labels. I have created labels for over 50 items! that you would most likely see in a typical classroom. These labels show a picture, fun polkadot backgrounds & frame, and the English term followed by the Spanish term below! This will be my first year as a SIOP or sheltered instruction teacher. I want my room to always be filled with academic vocabulary {not just content vocab. but every type of terminology students will need to succeed}. This will be a colorful and purposeful way to decorate the room and demonstrate two strategy students will be accessing year-round: using pictures and their first language to help understand & expand word knowledge!

Check it Out: Click Images




No comments:

Post a Comment